Monday, January 11, 2010

Month One of Oxygen's Best Body Ever Plan: Check

I wrapped up the first month of the Best Body Plan yesterday, and, thanks to a month off of long school/work hours, I was able to keep up with it all. Ok, ok, so I missed a cardio day here and there..and a weight training day or two (thanks to a few busy visiting days in Houston). But I made up for missed days as soon as possible.

And, because I actually forced myself to lift weights at the gym (usually I only go
there for my trusty treadmill) so I could move up to ten-pound weights after weeks 1&2 instead of only using my eight-pound weights at home - yes, I have a bad habit of only ever using one weight size - I made up for missed cardio days with a 15-20 minute jog on the treadmill before weight training.

Month 2, I'm ready for you...school, work, and all. Bring it! Yes, I'm excited to see how much I can keep up with the next two months when school is added into the mix. But I'll have to wait another week...The February issue of Oxygen doesn't hit stands till January 19. But it promises 1,800 abs moves to mix-and-match. Definitely worth the wait. (Especially since month one of the Best Body Plan only featured one abs exercise...really, Oxygen? But I created my own abs workouts, which I paired with cardio days) Curious? Get a sneak peak of the February issue at oxygenmag.com.)

So, since "getting fit" is a typical New Year's resolution (that never lasts very long...well, for me it does...I'm always getting fit. It's never a New Year's resolution. Just my typical daily requirement, minus rest days) how did you kick off your get-in-shape plan for 2010?

And if you're like me and can't afford a personal trainer (or a gym membership) to give you a workout plan, where do you find your workouts? (Me? Oxygen, obviously. And Women's Health magazine, lately. By the way, womenshealthmag.com or the magazine: great place to find easy yoga routines that don't require a class, instructor...or being boneless.)

(Yes, I thought I'd throw my readers - if there are any out there - a few questions. I never do, but...hey, maybe that should be my New Year's resolution: Gain a following by involving my readers. Oh, and blogging more would probably help, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment