Thursday, October 15, 2009

What's your favorite scary movie...


Ghosts and vampires and the Headless Horseman, oh my!

In the spirit of Halloween and all things spooky, I am filling my Netflix queue with movies in the scary/horror genre and will be watching them now (well, tomorrow) through Halloween night.

Most of these will be my favorite horror movies. Some will be classics (can't forget Dr. Frankenstein.) And some will be horror movies I've never seen before. Here are a few I've added so far (I'm adding them as they come to me and trying not to add more than I'll be able to watch):
  • Sleepy Hollow
  • Pumpkinhead 1-4 (Most of these will be cut, but I'm at least going to watch the second one, which I believe is the one my sister and I stumbled upon one day and found hilarious. Yes, hilarious.)
  • Interview with the Vampire
  • 28 Days Later
  • 1408
  • 30 Days of Night
  • The Others
  • Edward Scissorhands (Ok, so this one isn't a "scary" movie nor is it a Halloween movie, but in my world, it fits. And I have a soft spot for Edward.)
  • Hocus Pocus (Of course!)
I'm also open to suggestions if anyone has any (For example, I can't decide which Frankenstein movie to get: the original, "Young Frankenstein," "Mary Shelley's Frankenstein"?) Just note: I am a huge fan of scary movies; I am NOT a huge fan of gore. (No Saw movies for me, thank you.)

First one comes in the mail tomorrow: "The Others." (I'm actually in a "Sleepy Hollow" kind of mood, but by the time I went to move it up in my queue, Netflix had already sent out "The Others.")

Now to find someone to watch all these scary movies with...(I like being scared, but I also only have time to watch movies at night...and I live by myself. Screams might echo through the cool Austin nights these next couple of weeks.)

No comments:

Post a Comment