Saturday, October 31, 2009

Really...Really?!

Looking forward to seeing "The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day"? Yeah, so was I.

It wasn't until I went to Fandango today to look for the film's showing times that I found out the October 30 release of "All Saints Day" was a limited release. (How did I not catch this before?!) So unless you live near one of the LA, New York, or Boston (the only three cities I came across) theaters that are playing the movie, you're out of luck.

From the very little information I could find about this, it's a "Paranormal Activity" situation: If you want it to play in your city, you have to demand it...Well, I'm not sure if it's that easy for "All Saints Day." As far as I can tell, the only way to have the film released in your city is to enter to win a screening through Sonypicture.com's "All Saints Day" page. However, it seems like some people are trying the whole "demanding" thing, since I stumbled upon a couple of petition sites.

I'm pretty disappointed, to say the least. I would love to see this film in theaters (since I didn't see the first one until it was out on DVD), but waiting for the DVD release is better than not seeing it at all, I guess.

I would love to mention when it will have a national release, but I'm not sure if or when that's going to happen. (I'm having a bit of trouble finding full, accurate information on the Web, so if anyone knows more about this, feel free to leave any info or links in a comment.)

No comments:

Post a Comment