Monday, November 2, 2009

Movie Find...

I'm a huge Sylvia Plath fan. Out of the many poets whose work I've read, Plath's has always stood out and been the most inspirational for me. (Seriously. Whenever I have writer's block - poetry-wise - I read a bit of Plath and suddenly find myself writing away.)

So I was excited to find out about the movie "Sylvia." And I was surprised I hadn't heard of this film's existence until a couple weeks ago...even though it came out in 2003.

But luckily, I am now aware, and I just got it from Netflix today. I'm sitting down to watch it as I write this. I'm excited and curious to see how well Gwyneth Paltrow portrays Plath and how the film itself portrays Plath's relationship with English poet Ted Hughes (which is the part of her life that the film focuses on). And the anticipation is bubbling over, so I will leave you with the trailer and "more to come."

No comments:

Post a Comment