Friday, September 18, 2009

Coming soon...

A review of One Tree Hill sans Lucas and Peyton: can it work?

I was going to watch it last night (since I missed the premiere on Monday), but my laptop is old and cranky and felt like making the sound like that of a skipping CD. I was going to watch it at work today, and then remembered that I already tried that earlier this week but couldn't because I'd have to download whatever it is that let's you watch videos on cwtv.com, and I'm sure I would have gotten in trouble for downloading something onto a school computer.

So hopefully tonight my laptop will be free of technical difficulties.

But until then, here's a video Hilarie Burton (Peyton Sawyer, One Tree Hill) made addressing her fans on her leaving the show.



I'm curious to see how it turns out. I'm expecting it to be awful and completely not worth watching because Peyton is my favorite character on the show. And it's kind of sad that once life was finally going perfectly for Peyton - besides the whole pregnancy that could have gone wrong - she's leaving. (Seriously, the girl lost her adopted mom, her real mom - after meeting her and only getting to know her for a few months - was almost killed by a stalker, got shot in the leg at a school shooting...I'm pretty sure the list goes on.)

Though, after watching that video, I think she was hinting on the fact that the Peyton she loves playing is no more. Perhaps she misses the emotional roller coaster artist Peyton - the Peyton we've all known and loved, up until last season.

I guess a perfect, happy Peyton makes for a boring Peyton (which is probably why they ended her final season with a possibly fatal pregnancy that they alluded to her dying from on the previews to the season finale - luckily, they didn't take her leaving the show as an opportunity to kill her off.) And I suppose a perfect Lucas and Peyton relationship makes for a boring "Leyton." (Isn't the chase always more interesting?) I actually read somewhere recently that you know a show is over, or certain characters roles are over, when the two people you've been rooting for to get together (usually main characters) finally do. (Thankfully, OTH fans got see at least one season of a perfect Leyton, which, at least for me, is probably something they'd like to see.)

And I'm not even going to get into OTH without Lucas...the main character of the show. That voice over you usually hear at the beginning and end of every episode. The character that brought all of these people together in the first place.

Oh well. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment