Thursday, September 3, 2009

Shout out to Jason & Deb!

He may not have found a couch yet (after his six-week search), but for the third year in a row 101X morning show DJ Jason Dick won the Best DJ award in The Austin Chronicle's 2009 Best of Austin Poll. And the award for Best Talk/News Host went to his, as described in the Austin Chronicle, "whip-wackin', talk-smackin', Jason-crackin'" co-host Deb O'Keefe.

I'm a huge fan of the Morning X - seriously, it's my morning alarm - so I was excited to read the news on their blog (slept through the show this morning, so didn't hear about it till I read the blog later.) Jason's you-know-you-were-thinking-it remarks and Deb's smarts, wits, and direct honesty - no, she's not afraid to share her hatred of gingers with Jason (a ginger, if you didn't know) - make waking up at 6:30 a.m. worth it.

The DJ's banter isn't the only thing I like about the show. Like most morning shows - I'm not really sure, actually, because the only radio stations I listen to are 101X, or 94.5 The Buzz if I'm in Houston - they also entertain their listeners with little games and bits: "Quien es Mas Macho?" (who had a more manly weekend: Jason or a listener), "Whose Tweet is it Anyway?" (what celebrity tweeted what), Deb's Diary, and my personal favorite, the "I Love You Call" (Deb calls a business with a question - like calling a gas station to see if they have the Michael Jordan cologne Jason misses from his youth, or calling a dentist's office to tell the receptionist about her fear of the dentist - and ends the conversation with "I love you" to see if they'll return the love. They rarely do. But from time-to-time, they love her, too.)

So congratulations to the Morning X DJs! I love a side of Jason & Deb with my morning coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment